Our upcoming conference brings together an exceptional faculty to address major developments for Tribal water in the Pacific Northwest. We are pleased to include Pamela Williams, Director of the Indian Water Rights Office at the US Department of the Interior. Key topics include:
- Impact of the 2016 Presidential election on federal and Tribal water policies
- Update on pending Tribal water issues in the Pacific Northwest including Klamath Basin issues
- Stream flows in the Pacific Northwest including water release management on the Columbia River
- Update on the Culverts Case, the Hirst Case, and other judicial developments impacting Tribal water management
- Provisions of the EPA’s new rule authorizing tribes to administer the Clean Water Act Section 303(d) program within their reservations
- Technical considerations of water resources management
Throughout the conference, we will explore ways in which Tribes, local governments and water agencies can work cooperatively to ensure an adequate and sustained supply of water for mutually beneficial uses into the future. We hope you can join us.